Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Be home every night and weekend
- Company paid health insurance
- Uniforms, safety vests provided
- Paid vacation
- Profit Share
- 401(K) + company match
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
As a Commercial Driver, you'll operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. You'll be responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1,000 pounds and, at times, require you to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up stage area. You'll transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when your truck has reached the legal load capacity. Safe driving is crucial as you'll maneuver your truck in high traffic / congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Your high level of skill with backing maneuvers is essential to being successful as a commercial driver.
What Does It Take to be a Driver at WCS?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement or permit.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Have ability to obtain a valid health card
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
What You'll Do
As a WCS Commercial Driver, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Operate truck in accordance with WCS Safety, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately report all unsafe situations or service related issues to your Manager or Dispatch.
- Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WCS or directed by your Manager.
- Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Manager.
- Completely dump all receptacles and leave the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follow your route assignments and complete end of day documentation / check out process.
- Perform duties as scheduled by your Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.